Thank you to Megan, Casey, Robert, Garrett, MacKenzie, Rachel, Evan, Sarah, and Laura who attended our first meeting of the semester! Vegetarian and Vegan group couldn’t do it without your great input. For everyone who couldn’t make it, we missed you, but we hope to see you soon!
The following are things we established as a group during the meeting:
- Elections will be held at our next meeting, September 20th (positions and their duties listed at the bottom of this post)
- Amanda will get approval to host a Vegetarian information table (tentatively on a thursday during busy class hours) Volunteers for this table are appreciated!
- Amanda will receive approval to hold a vegan bake sale the week of Sept. 20
- Megan will attain a reservation for the community kitchen in Butterfield Hall (brody complex) so we may meet there on September 20th to cook dinner and bake for the vegan bake sale!
- Amanda will talk to the UAB to have the movie Forks Over Knives shown at the campus cinema. Upon approval, we will require campus wide advertising (via emails and flyers)
- Laura Dilley is our faculty advisor for the group. She is an excellent resource for anything you need or questions you have. If you are interested in flyering for Vegan Outreach, she can supply you with pamphlets. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- We established the most popular goals for the group this year:
Network and make friends with other vegetarians
Obtain support from other vegetarians
Spread information to others on campus
Cook delicious food and have awesome potlucks
- The following are the board positions to be filled at elections on September 20th:
President: Offers suggestions regarding group activities; sets meeting dates and agendas; regularly attends meetings; attends meetings and functions required by MSU for ongoing student activity recognition.
Vice President: Acts as liaison between the club and the MSU community; promotes the club generally through postering, chalking, and other public relations activities; regularly attends meetings; maintains (or if necessary helps to create) the website. If there is a Technical Guru/Webmaster, the Vice President shares responsibilities for web page creation and updates with the Technical Guru/Webmaster.
Secretary: Takes minutes at meetings; sends reminder emails about meetings; books rooms for activities and obtains tickets for events, etc.; attends meetings regularly.
Treasurer: Deals with all money matters for the club; prepares and submits budgets for MSU funds by the appropriate deadline(s); plans, coordinates, and executes fundraising activities; attends any MSU-required Treasurer training; regularly attends meetings.
Officer-at-Large: Assists other officers generally in performing their duties; serves as a proxy by attending meetings required by MSU for club recognition when other officers are unable to attend; regularly attend meetings.
Technical Guru/Webmaster: In charge of web design and maintenance for the club; maintain and update email list.
- Please prepare a short speech of why you would like to hold any one of these positions and we will vote at our next meeting, Tuesday September 20th.
Here is the trailer for the movie Forks Over Knives